Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday 8/20/10 1st Day Back--Meetings....

8AM--breakfast which was scones, yogurt, trail mix, fruit bars.... We were given--for the first time ever--red polo shirts that say Westmont Staff and a goodie bag to welcome us. On the screen at the front there was a loop of the summer photos we'd been asked to send in. Our new principal greeted everyone with a handshake. We heard the usual opening info from deans, guidance counselors, activities director and the principal. We had a brief look at our CST test score data. We then met as departments to discuss our goals and the support we would need as well as when we would meet to work on these items. At 11:15 we took a department photo in our red shirts and then went out to the quad for a staff photo in our red shirts in front of the new WHS Warriors sign. We then had a working lunch and the principal sent us off at 12:30 to our rooms with a brief inspirational speech about what he expects of us as a united staff. I worked til about 4:30 setting up my room--bulletin boards, overhead projectors, putting things away in my desk, moving boxes off the counters, putting desks into groups, etc. When our class lists were available on Aeries I was able to download rosters--my trig classes are 34, 35, 36, & 37 and my SDAIE Geometry is at 34...which was better than the original which had the trig classes at 38 and 39! (I'd gotten an e-mail saying they opened a new trig class period 7 and numbers would go down--I hope they go down a little more!) I have more things to put up but am ready for the kids on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment